I. Definition of Judicial Assistance
For the purpose of this Policy, judicial assistance refers to the fact that Huobi Global, in accordance with relevant international treaties, laws and policies, can assist judicial organs of various countries in investigating criminal cases they are handling. The assistance includes providing relevant information on cases involved, imposing restrictions on assets involved, and assisting in the implementation of effective judgments.
II. Subject of Judicial Assistance
As the subject of judicial assistance, Huobi Global Limited is registered in the Republic of Seychelles. Huobi Global is the digital asset trading platform (hereinafter referred to as the “Platform”) operated by Huobi Global Limited and currently has both web and APP terminals.
III. Judicial Assistance Procedure
Huobi Global shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Seychelles and not by the laws of other countries and regions. Huobi Global shall be obliged to assist the judicial organs of the Republic of Seychelles in their judicial investigations of criminal cases. The information on the Platform shall be collected, generated, used, stored and destroyed in accordance with relevant laws of the Republic of Seychelles.
If the judicial organs of countries and regions outside the Republic of Seychelles need the cooperation of Huobi Global in judicial assistance, they shall submit an application for assistance to the central authority of the Republic of Seychelles in accordance with Chapter 135A of the Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters Act of the Republic of Seychelles. After the application is signed by the Attorney General of the Republic of Seychelles and becomes effective, Huobi Global shall provide assistance in accordance with the effective application.
In the event of force majeure such as natural disasters, social abnormal events, major health events, local wars and conflicts, or in the event that judicial organs of various countries cannot obtain timely legal assistance from Huobi Global through the central authority of the Republic of Seychelles, these judicial organs may send a request for assistance to Huobi Global via [email protected] If it deems it necessary, Huobi Global will verify the authenticity of the request for assistance with the supervisory authorities of these judicial (law enforcement) organs and will decide whether to provide assistance in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Seychelles.
Assisting the judicial organs of countries other than the Republic of Seychelles in investigating criminal cases does not mean that Huobi Global recognizes that the laws of the countries where the judicial organs are located have jurisdiction over Huobi Global.
IV. Contents of Judicial Assistance
The criminal matters relating to judicial assistance of Huobi Global must be governed by the Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters Act of the Republic of Seychelles and shall be matters that are considered criminal cases and allow assistance.
The judicial organ requesting assistance must issue a legal instrument with criminal compulsory effect in the country where the judicial organ is located. The legal instrument must specify matters involved in assistance, including but not limited to the following.
1. Name of the law enforcement agency;
2. Proof (certificate of authorization) that a judicial (law enforcement) official is authorized to obtain information and that a law enforcement agency is in service;
3. Identification paper of a judicial (law enforcement) official (e.g. ID number, and internal identity document number);
4. Email address that contains the name of the juridical organ;
5. Contact information of the judicial organ, including email address and phone number;
6. Name of the subject of judicial assistance: “Huobi Global Limited”
7. Details of the request, including the identification symbol and number of the judicial organ in the format instrument, and the way to verify instruments, such as callback and online validation; and
8. The judicial organ that goes through the international judicial assistance procedure shall provide relevant judicial documents required under the international treaty on mutual legal assistance.
If the instrument provided by the judicial organ meets the above conditions, Huobi Global may provide assistance in the following matters.
(1) Inquiring the information of users and assets on the digital asset platform operated by Huobi Global Limited, including advanced authentication photos, legal currency transaction records, user information, recharge and withdrawal records, digital currency transactions, login information and balance information. The above information can be inquired for 10 users at a time over a 30-day period, and feedback is available within 1 working day. Exceeding the above inquiry limit will result in delayed feedback, which will take 3 to 5 working days. Currently, the system provides inquiry over a period of up to 12 months;
(2) Imposing restrictions on the digital assets of users of the digital asset platform operated by Huobi Global Limited. The amount of assets subject to restriction shall be equivalent to the amount at issue. Requests for judicial assistance beyond the amount at issue are not accepted in principle. The duration of each restriction shall not exceed 6 months; and
(3) Transferring the digital assets of users on the digital asset platform operated by Huobi Global Limited, including only the assets of users in the digital asset platform.
V. Result of Judicial Assistance
The information retrieved by Huobi Global is obtained from the electronic database and includes only the information retained by users in the database of Huobi Global. It may not include all the information owned by the inquired.
Due to the differences in time zones and exchange rates between the Republic of Seychelles and the country where the judicial organ requesting assistance is located, Huobi Global does not guarantee that the information provided is up-to-date, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of relevant information. Other parties may hold different opinions on the information provided.
For the data loss and error attributable to Internet service providers and computer system service providers, Huobi Global does not have any subjective intention, nor does it bear any responsibility.
Huobi Global will try its best to assist the judicial organs of various countries, but it does not guarantee that the information provided conforms to the criminal evidence rules of various countries and can be used as the basis for conviction and sentencing by the judicial organs of various countries.
For the requirements that do not meet the conditions for judicial assistance, Huobi Global shall reserve the right to disclose information to judicial organs to protect itself and its customers.
For issues not covered by this Policy, please refer to relevant laws and regulations of the Republic of Seychelles. In the event of a conflict between this Policy and the relevant laws and regulations of the Republic of Seychelles, the latter shall prevail. This Policy is subject to continuous updating and adjustment with changes in relevant laws and regulations of the Republic of Seychelles.
A template for retrieving evidence
1. Original of the certificate Adjustment Notice (the time range of the certificate adjustment shall be explained, and the document shall be stamped with the official seal)
2. Copies of two police officers' police certificates (with official seal and within the validity period)
3. The title of the notice is Huobi Global Limited
4. Contact information of judicial authorities or case handling officers, including E-mail addresses, telephone Numbers, etc
(1) Please copy and send the address/ID number/mobile phone number involved in the transfer document, or send them in the form of a form, so that we can timely and accurately inquire and assist.
(2) You can query the information of up to 10 users at a time, and the default query range is the data of the last 30 days. If it conforms to this query range, you can give feedback within 1 working day.