1. Brief Introduction
Solana - Web-Scale Blockchain Protocol
2. Detailed Introduction
Founded by former Qualcomm, Intel, and Dropbox engineers in late-2017, Solana is a single-chain, delegated-Proof-of-Stake protocol whose focus is on delivering scalability without sacrificing decentralization or security. Core to Solana's scaling solution is a decentralized clock titled Proof-of-History (PoH), built to solve the problem of time in distributed networks in where there is not a single, trusted, source of time. By using Verifiable Delay Functions, PoH allows each node to locally generate timestamps with SHA256 computations. This eliminates the need for the broadcasts of timestamps accross the network, improving overall network efficiency. Solana’s mission is to support all high-growth and high-frequency blockchain applications, and to democratize the world’s financial systems.
3. Token Allocation and Release Schedule
- Total Token Supply: 488,597,019 SOL (Updated on 2020/12/03)
- Other information please refer: Solana Foundation Transparency Reports
4. Related links
- Official website: https://solana.com
- Whitepaper: https://solana.com/solana-whitepaper.pdf
- Social media
- Telegram: https://t.me/solanaio
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/solana
- Github: https://github.com/solana-labs/solana
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/solanalabs
- Medium: https://medium.com/solana-labs
Note: The project introduction comes from the materials published or provided by the official project team, which is for reference only and does not constitute investment advice. Some of the content may be out of date, error or omission. Huobi does not take responsibility for any resulting direct or indirect losses.
Article is closed for comments.